Oftentimes, I consider myself a person who lives in the present. However, with the millions of uncertainties swirling around me at the moment, from school to college to majors, I sometimes like to think to the future in an effort to think of what will be instead of simply what is.
Another confession. I have not read a full book outside of English class in quite awhile. I feel that in order to strengthen my writing, explore the various facets of my imagination,and dabble in other efforts outside of poetry like prose, I simply need to read more. Between my necessity to plan for the future and wanting to read as much as I can, I have made a goal for myself to read these books before I head off to college this fall.
All of these books can be presumably found online, but the majority were bought at a used bookstore in Plaza Midwood called "Book Buyers". To anyone in the area, please check them out! Giving a book a new home and a new opportunity to be read is an amazing one.
1. The Atonement by Ian McEwan
2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
3. The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
4. Hard Times by Charles Dickens
5. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
7. The Peneloprad by Margaret Atwood
8. The Bourne Objective by Robert Ludlums
9. Complete Poetry and Prose by Percy Shelley
10. A Multitude of Sins by Richard Ford
11. Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
12. Ulysses by James Joyce
13. Complete Poetry by Robert Frost
...Wow! That's a lot of books! But I am already enjoying those I have started, and if you find one on this list that you enjoy as well, feel free to comment below or contact us.
Love as always,